USA Winter sports
MEDICAL Travel insurance
What is Winter sports travel insurance?
What does winter sports travel insurance cover?
Winter sports insurance is an add-on to standard travel insurance that offers more comprehensive cover. As well as lost, damaged or stolen luggage, medical costs cancellations and delays, it can also offer cover for:
- Loss of ski pass to equipment
- Delays caused by an avalanche
- Piste closure for more than 24 hours
- Alternative equipment hire if your luggage is delayed or misplaced on the outward journey
- Personal liability if you injure someone else.
What sports are covered by winter sports travel insurance?
A good winter sports policy will typically cover winter sports including:
- Skiing (on-piste)
- Snowboarding (on-piste)
- Sleigh rides.
All winter sports can be considered fairly high-risk because snow, ice and altitude increase the chances of injury. Even something as low-key as a reindeer sleigh ride on a trip to Lapland may not be covered by a standard travel insurance policy.